'A post graduate in Hotel Management, with a proven track record of
Having worked with various leading organisations which are forerunners in academia as well as in the hospitality industry, has led me to specialise in developming end to end training solutions. Having a innate flair for languages enables me to connect and reach the target audience in the vernacular language.
- Meticulous, result-oriented professional with demonstrated
success directing development of organizations.
- Seasoned and dynamic with very good inter-personal skills
- Diligent and resourceful professional with capability to
consistently streamline operations by utilizing and implementing
processes there by ensuring quality.
- Proven ability of working-in and managing large teams.
- Good communication skills coupled with expertise in
counseling/ clarifying queries and reaching out to people.
- Pleasant disposition that enables smooth function even
(My objective throughout my career in the industry and
academia has been to engage with business operations to
improve and optimise their organizational goals by using
my strength in the educational and Industry sectors as a
Professional Human resources developer which
I have acquired over the last 25 years from being in
the industry and academia.
The prime aim is to manage and be a key player in
projects focused on operational improvement through
Human resources training and development, and
contribute to these areas while aligning it with
organisational requirements across industry and academia.
Training and development
Professional Education and certifications
- Organisational learning
- Curriculum design
- Curriculum development
- Capability assessment
- Instructional system design
- Need assessment
- Gap analysis
- Training facilitation
- Work shop presentation
- Focus sessions
- Career development
- PhD scholar Tourism Management
- M.Phil Tourism Management
- Masters in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hotel management ,
Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition
- PG Diploma in Hotel Administration
- Certified Hospitality Educator (EI-AHLA)
- Certificate in Human resources development (EI- AHLA)
Training, research and consultancy related to hospitality sector.
- Guide Research program
- Students training and development
- Execution of curriculum
- Training of faculty and faculty development
- Organising placements and Industrial Exposure Training for students
- Restructure Courses / curriculum
- Networking with the Industry & Academia.
- Tie-ups with other universities in India & aboard for various academic programs
- Launch new courses
- Operating budgets and meeting all budgeted goals
and controlling expenses.
- Ensuring that quality standards are maintained.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Hiring of staff, payroll, tax, and financial statement.
- Advertising and marketing the property
- Delegating work to the various Heads of department.
- Interaction with local government bodies for licenses and permissions for existing and new projects
- Currently engaged in training and research in the Hospitality and Tourism sector - Industry and Academia
- Professor and Head Operations-School of Hospitality
July 2011 to Jan 2014
Auro University ,Earth Space,Hazira ,Surat,Gujrat.
- Dean (Hospitality) Oct. 2004 to July 2011
National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management , Hyderabad.
- Vice Principal Mar. 1998 - Sep. 2004
Vel's Institute of Hotel Management, Old Pallavaram Road , Chennai - 117.
- Asst. Resort Manager Dec. 1996 - Mar. 1998 :
Hill Country Holidays ,Kodaikanal
- Head of the Department, Food & Beverage
July '94 - Dec. '96
EMPEE Catering College, Chennai .
- Asst. Instructor - Food & Beverage, June '93 - June '94
- Deputy General Manager January 1993 - June 1993
Hotel Decee Manor, Chennai.
- Asst. Manager - Food & Beverage, June 1989 - Dec. 1992
Sterling Holiday Resorts, Kodaikanal.)